Aug 15, 2008

Collections: part 1



I'm a bit of a hoarder. I have a lot of collections, some big some small. To be honest I just like beautiful things.

In the 'collection' series I'll show you my collections and the similar, and inspiring, collections of other people.

And to start it off: ceramic vases!



Since I love vintage, it's no surprise that all these are second hand. You can find some lovely vintage ceramics, although they can be quite expensive if you buy them in stores. All my vases are from thrift stores or from flea markets. Actually the most expensive one was the red vase which cost me about 7 euro's.

One country best known for his cermics is Germany, for the vintage vases more precisely West Germany. The orange/brown vase and the light brown vase are fom Germany. I hope to find some more like this because the colours and textures on these are really beautiful done.

I found another West German collection at H is for home. Look at those colours!



The next collection from Spring Globe shows that just an accent of colour can work just as powerful.

2 comments:

H is for Home said...

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for the mention- have a look at some other people's West German pottery collections on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/groups/westgermanpottery

Carrie said...

Thank you for the link! And thanks for stopping by.