Jan 18, 2009

Still life

When I was still in college I took photography lessons. I always loved those, especially when we learned how to develop our own photographs. But ever since I graduated and started working, my photography hobby died a silent dead.

Not because I didn't love it any more but just because I just couldn't find the time and energy anymore to fully concentrate on it.



But when I saw this still life photo of Erwin Olaf for Moooi in Elle Decoration, I felt inspired.



I had a lot of fun doing the 'styling' for my own version. The only thing I regret is not having any film around, so I used our digital camera instead.

I know that my version isn't nearly as good as the original but I enjoyed myself and I think that's the only thing that counts... I might even get some film next week...

3 comments:

Not your goddess said...

Keep up the good work! I know how you feel, I'm dying to take 'proper' photographs again too!

please sir said...

Hey it's a start and that is always good. I love styling work - wish I could get better too. Love the idea of bringing back a good still life.

Carrie said...

Thanks guys for the support!