Nov 20, 2008

What time is it?

Once upon a time me and the boyfriend were woken up every morning at the same by the lovely sound of our stereo. But then the boyfriend got a job much closer to home and was able, to my great jealousy, to lie in bed for another extra hour every morning . So I hogged the stereo for my little home studio and we used the not so nice sounds of our cell phones to get up in the morning.

But then, after hearing on the radio the advice from an anti-cancer organization to not keep your cell next to you all night, we kinda panicked and banned the phones out of the bedroom. So now we're in need off a new alarm clock.

Now in an ideal world I would get this one:
the Tivoli Three clock Radio: lovely design and lovely sound.



In the real world, I don't have 600 euros to spend on alarm clocks (they are 300 euro a pop).

So I found a cheap alternative in the Back in Time clock by PT Design. I'm sure they sound will be far less than the Tivoli one but to be honest I don't think I will really be able to tell at 7 in the morning.



Or maybe i should go for something completely different like this Numbers Led alarm by Jonas Damon. However, how lovely this might look, I think it will give a bit too much light. I like to sleep in complete darkness, much to the boyfriends disagreement.



Or maybe I could go for a combination of the above and go for the Cube clock from Karlsson.



It features both the wood and the LED numbers. Plus it has a sensor which dims the LED lightning between 6 pm and 7am!

But maybe there are just a little too much numbers going on, on the display...

Argh, too much choice! Please help me out and tell me which one you think I should get.. Or let me know if you have any other suggestions!

2 comments:

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

I love the Back in Time clocks, they cute, stylish & I love the slight vintage feel to them as well! I would be happy to use them just as display products, the fact they're clocks are a bonus!

Not your goddess said...

Oh no, I always use my phone to wake up too! Guess I should wish for an alarm clock for christmas...
I quite like the first one, it somehow says 'bedroom' to me, the second one I think I'd get the numbers all mixed up and not have the faintest clue what time it is when I wake up and I agree on the third one, there's just a bit too much going on with the numbers...
I've seen one where it's just a wooden box with very simple LED numbers shining through, can't remember where it's from, and come to think of it, I'm not sure if it's an alarm clock, or just a clock...