Jun 6, 2011

City Impressions: New York

New York, where to start... This is truly a city where around every corner there is something new to discover.

I won't ramble on about all the touristy sightseeing we did (Including such obvious things as the Statue of Liberty and Central Park). Instead I'll let you in on some of the wonderful shops I came across (Unfortunately since I was traveling with the boyfriend, shopping time was limited).

Here are some lovely places I can recommend:

Fish Eddy:
Top place to buy your porcelain glove molds (yes indeed you've read that right, glove molds) and also stocks some great alternative New York souvenirs.


My so called life

GAP:
I guess for all your Americans not such a noteworthy tip but for me it was a nice change to H&M.

Purl Soho:
Unfortunately closed when I strolled by, but from the window I saw some lovely funky yarns.


Destiknitions

MoMa Store:
This museum shop stores some great design gadgets and tidbits.

Jonathan Adler:
Still regretting I didn't buy anything here, but I don't think the Giraffe lamp would have fit into my luggage. Should have tried tough...


Style Bible

No comments: